Trauma-focused skills training with group supervision
Trauma-competent counselors demonstrate trauma-focused clinical skills and evidence-based interventions. Therefore, training participants will demonstrate knowledge about the following trauma-focused and trauma-informed interventions:
- demonstrate client-centered counseling skills.
- competency in clinical assessment and complete assessment prior to reprocessing emotional memory.
- competency in the diagnosis of post-traumatic stress as well as provide differential diagnoses.
- demonstrate intentionality by guiding clients toward mutually agreed upon treatment goals.
- provide psycho-education about the neurobiology of trauma and trauma treatment to normalize the client’s experience.
- use cognitive interventions to address traumatic beliefs and negative meanings attached to self, other and the world.
- teach coping and affect regulation strategies for managing acute intrusive symptomology.